Department of Research, Environmental Planning and Project Development.
The Department undertakes and coordinates research, investigation and surveys for environmental management. It also ensures environmental planning and policy development with the objective of integrating environmental concerns into the planning process at all development levels.
The department's main functions include:
- Conducting research to facilitate integration of environmental considerations into development policies, plans, programmes and projects
- Facilitating research to address environmental degradation ( air, water, land, ….) for the purpose of rehabilitation
- Undertaking and coordinating environmental research and cooperating with national and international organizations involved in research
- Advising on environmental emerging issues
- Coordinating the preparation of the State of Environment Report and national environmental data collection and management activities
- Coordinating the preparation and implementation of REMA’s strategic and action plans and ensuring their linkage to the global national development planning system.
- Coordinating and management of environmental information systems