Environmental Education and Mainstreaming
There are no translations available.
The directorate promotes the integration of environmental issues in the formal and non-formal education materials, promoting adequate environmental management skills and awareness.
The directorate’s main functions include:
- Mainstreaming environmental issues into schools curricula.
- Mainstreaming environment into informal education.
- Initiating and coordinating activities that support central and decentralized institutions, communities and civil society to address environmental issues.
- Coordinating the establishment and management of the environmental documentation centre.
- Undertaking outreach programmes for effective integration of environment.