The Director General oversees and facilitates programmes and activities of the Authority fostering internal harmony and policy guidance.
The main functions of the Director General office include:
- Coordinating various environmental activities being undertaken by lead agencies and establish collaborative mechanisms through memoranda of understanding.
- Resource mobilization for REMA activities.
- Identifying and creating good working relations with all development partners; promoting the positive image of the Authority through effective public relations.
- Ensuring maintenance of accountability, high audit standards and proper development and supervision of staff in the Authority.
- Ensuring effective procurement through competitive tendering
- Providing legal advice in the environment management
In order to ensure their functions, the internal auditors, communication officer and legal advisor are under the Director General Office.